If you’re looking for a criminal lawyer in Singapore, Raphael Louis (Ray) is your best choice.
Ray’s passion for criminal law has been evident since law school, having scored the only A+ for the exams in his cohort. A committee member of the Criminal Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore, he has amassed a wide range of experience, ranging from white collar crimes to road traffic offences. As an adjunct lecturer, he teaches Criminal Procedure at Temasek Polytechic to law enforcement officers.
Some of his noteworthy cases in Criminal Defence are as follow:
- Getting the accused spared (as an assistant counsel) from the death penalty (Public Prosecutor v Gopinathan Nair Remadevi Bijukumar, Criminal Case No 40 of 2011); in a murder trial at the High Court and appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- Successful acquittal for a client (as assistant counsel) who had accidentally and fatally injured a cyclist in a road accident (as reported in the Strait Times 18 September 2010).
- Successful acquittal of client charged for theft caught red handed by the police.
- Vast experience and successful mitigated sentences in road traffic offences
- Successful acquittal of client wrongfully charged for molest in a night club.